Tuesday, June 24, 2003

the heat is stupefying: i just want to lie on my tiled floor and sleep all day. then the night comes, and i come alive -- the headache fades, the tired aches leave me, my brain wakes up from its stunned slumber -- and here i am! spent my first full day at home, not even leaving to get the clear nail polish i need, and oh, how this heat prostrates me. tonight i have been reminded of Hamlet for some unknown reason:

'Lord Hamlet is a prince out of thy star.
This must not be.'
-- II.2

don't you hate the feeling -- that there's someone who is forever out of your grasp, someone you wish could be part of you and yet you know never will?

...Give me that man
That is not passion's slave, and I will wear him
In my heart's core, ay, in my heart of heart,
As I do thee.
-- III.2

and for a certain friend -- you know who you are -- the other side of the world is not so far away these days :

Love? I will tell thee what it is to love!
It is to build with human thoughts a shrine,
Where Hope sits brooding like a beauteous dove;
When Time seems young, and Life a thing divine.
All tastes, all pleasures, all desires combine
To consecrate this sanctuary of bliss.
Above, the stars in cloudless beauty shines;
Around, the streams their flowery margins kiss;
And if there's heaven on earth, that heaven is surely this.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home