Tuesday, June 03, 2003

If a picture paints a thousand words
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show
The you I've come to know
If a face could launch a thousand ships
Then where am I to go?
There's no one home but you
You're all that left me to
And when - my love for life is running dry
You'll come.. and pour yourself on me...

If a man could be two places at one time
I’d be with you
Tomorrow and today,
Beside you all the way
If the world should stop revolving, spinning
Slowly down to die
I'd spend the end with you
And when the world was through
Then one, by one, the stars would all go out
Then you and I... could simply... fly away.


remember this song anyone? i remember learning it back in secondary two in RGS and falling absolutely in love with it. and learning to sing it. and with that the desire to sing in the RGS choir was born. oh those were the beautiful days. i miss singing. lots. =*( you know how some songs have people associated with them, and moments in time? this is one of them that will forever be associated with a particular person at a particular stage in my life. =)

so H is giving a presentation on leucocytes and their function with regard to your body's healing functions, and she showed it to me -or tried it out on me rather. while most of the compound names were completely lost on me -alpha kappa what? sounds like a mixed up frat to me- the gist of the presentation just amazed me. do you have any idea how complicated the whole process that brings leucocytes to the site of a wound/infection/injury to begin the whole healing process is? i didn't, before tonight. a whole process of signaling and ending of signaling. when you're injured the stimulus causes some compounds to be released that kick inhibitors off other compounds, producing other stuff that sets up integrins which act as redlights, stopping the leucocytes from rolling on their merry way, causing them to squish themselves flat and slide through your membranes to cluster around the site of injury. once in a while i am reminded by something like this how amazing a machine the human body is -- how complicated the processes by which we remember to breathe, and clean our blood, and think and move and heal ourselves. how feedback loops aren't something abstract to be read about in Natsci classes, but something that happens in our bodies whenever we get a papercut, or hyperventilate. =) [i can hear my roomie practicing her presentation behind me...]

now if my leucocytes would work a little faster on that damn infection in my ear. update: it's better today -thanks eun for asking about it!- but it still stings like crazy when i swab it down with alcohol. at least i did little to no whimpering today...H was making sure i didn't die.

Quoting from Eun's blog: Later that afternoon IR Professor M Cox had this to say at a panel on 'Crisis in Iraq': ''If you'll believe lawyers then you'll believe economists.'' Hey, i resemble...i mean resent that remark. -grins- then again, i rarely if ever believe both lawyers or economists. i think perhaps i would rather believe an economist than a lawyer, so there. =p and no, eun doesn't count as a real lawyer, she's not out for blood. or not out for MY blood anyway. =) -looks around the Wormz- we are a rather mixed bunch, aren't we: a bunch of economists, a couple of political scientists, a lawyer, a linguistics major, a couple of doctors in there for good measure...-grins- my children have nothing to fear; their every need can be taken care of by their mommy's closest friends. and in about two weeks i'm going to be SEEING some of those closest friends in the world -- ying will get home before i do, eun gets in twentyfour hours -approximately- after i do, and about a week after that alex will be home from his Grand Europe Tour. i'm sure at some point feng is going to pop up =) and i know amos is going to be around for a week while i'm back in singapore. and of course my she'enedra is going to be home too! oh glorious times =) -spreading hugs around the Wormz-

two more weeks. damn the fact that one of them has to be Finals Week.

I’m not sure what this could mean
I don’t think you’re what you seem
I do admit to myself that if I had someone else
then I’ll never see just what we’re meant to be

-- Frente, Bizzare Love Triangle





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home