Sunday, July 11, 2004

my grandpa turns 80 this year

we had a marvellous dinner party at Spring Court, my grandpa's favourite chinese restaurant, involving ninety people, last night to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. 'twas a big bash, his friends all came, there was tons of food, and to top it all off, we had a special cake comprising 100 puffs variously filled with different creams and toppings built into a towering cone. and the four cousins (as well as our SOs who were present!) sang a hymn in madarin (badly) for my grandpa. i think he was pleased at our attempt. here're a couple of pictures from the dinner:



a reasonable picture of the four of us, plus jon's girlfriend chuling (whom i had just met for the first time) and alex, and of course my grandpa, there in front. i'm in the crazy green dress with the scarf, my cousin jo is in her usual black tshirt and chinos, my brother's in the red shirt, jon is in the blue checked shirt, alex in the blue polo, and jon's chuling in the yellow outfit. don't we look cute?





everyone: grandpa, his four daughters, two sons-in-law, four grandkids and their significant others.



i had a great time at dinner, and was pleased to hear from my grandpa today that his friends envy him his friendly, loyal, and crazy family who are willing to do things like sing in what is essentially a foreign language to make him happy. =) yay.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, July 12, 2004, Blogger perception said...

fu1 qi1 xiang4! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home