Friday, November 05, 2004

elegy for a mixing bowl

i just destroyed our glass mixing bowl.

in my defence, emily had put it on the top of the fridge, so when i opened the door to redistribute the butter, it came crashing down, narrowly missing my foot on its way to the floor, where it shattered rather spectacularly into what looked like a million glass shards. i barely had any warning -by the time i recognised that a large heavy glass object was on its way to the ground, i had just enough time to jump back. lucky for me, i escaped with just a couple of nicks from tiny glass fragments -the mixing bowl didn't fare as well!

which is a pity. i liked that mixing bowl. it was a good mixing bowl.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, November 07, 2004, Blogger perception said...

good that you're ok. *hugz*

 
At 10:51 PM, November 07, 2004, Blogger Packrat said...

Hope you're ok...hug. Glad to know you've got great reflexes. :)

 
At 11:18 PM, November 07, 2004, Blogger J. said...

thanks guys -grin-

it's good to know that my body can keep me from hurting myself too badly! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home