Tuesday, November 09, 2004

never volunteer for work in doublequick time

so here's what's due on Sunday by 1700h. (this is what i get for appearing to be moving forward with this whole BA thing)

a six-to-eight page proposal, with:

(1) a introduction with a 'hook' or puzzle in it (shades of Little Red Schoolhouse!);

(2) the research question and goal of the project (in other words, why this project is important in your field);

(3) my argument: it's time to stake out a claim, baby!

(4) alternative arguments -of course- hopefully i can be more coherent about them on paper than i was about them in class today;

(5) what kind of evidence will be required to prove my claims (ie what kind of evidence is necessary to distinguish between claims), and where i intend to find such evidence; and

(6) a general outline of the paper -what sections i'll have and all that stuff.

looks like i have a week's worth of solid work ahead of me. (minus wednesday night for Gaiman, and tomorrow afternoon for grocery shopping and thursday night for CSI) this post is mostly to remind myself to get my ass in gear. (i'm still reading about the formation of Indonesia.) however, as always any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. =)

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, November 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan here.

That's pretty much how I will be drawing up my proposal for my thesis too - in double quick time, while on holiday in China/Hong kong, no less.

URGH.

all the best with yours. :)

 
At 10:00 PM, November 09, 2004, Blogger J. said...

thanks babe :)

you're dragging your books and papers through China and Hong Kong with you? brave girl. -grin- good luck with it -i'm sure it will get done. they always get done, eh? :)

 
At 5:33 AM, November 10, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeanette, its always the puzzle that is the most difficult, you know? at least that was my experience for my undergrad and current theses. That particular part really stumps me! laugh.

Hope all is going well otherwise. I envy you and your new powerbook. keep the blog going, its awesome, and i really like it.

ryan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home