Friday, January 28, 2005

it's done -for now.

-throws hands up in the air in satisfaction-

The First Draft has been safely emailed to the rest of my seminar group. i am Done with it, at least in the near future. thank god, is all i can say at this point. if i had to read one of my sentences one more time i think i might seriously have collapsed and cried. (not died, mind you, but close enough.)

in any case, i'm taking a break from bombings and Southeast Asia for a while -not that i really can, it's percolating in the back of my mind- and from typing (5000 words in under four days -i'm surprised i don't have carpal tunnel. maybe that's what this weird feeling in my right wrist is...) to actually catch up on my missed reading. to wit: Sam Huntington's fascintating take on professional militaries, the story of the New Islamists in Baker's Islam Without Fear, and the rest of Wickham's piece on how Islamists were political opportunities in Sadat and Mubarak's Egypt. -tongue firmly in cheek-

however, for now, i am headed for bed. i just wanted to celebrate having sent the first set of my thoughts out into the ether and into the hands of my (vicious) classmates from BA seminar. i'm looking forward to being ripped to shreds on monday. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, January 30, 2005, Blogger Packrat said...

Yay! Good for you! Now get some rest. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home