Saturday, June 25, 2005

back in civilisation at last!

rolled into chicago this afternoon after alex battled city traffic for the first time in almost two weeks. tired now - spent the day running ard helping shum and amanda move things, and moving my stuff into the hotel (my parents and i are in a suite! i have my own bathroom!), and then going out to dinner at Fogo de Chao. and i just spent like an hour packing my crap and repacking it. fingers crossed that everything will eventually fit into bagspace that is currently available. -groan- i have so much STUFF.

more updates re: the Yellowstone adventure when i get back to Singapore and look at the bazillion pictures dad took -there are bound to be some halfway decent ones of me and my parents and alex and amos there. right? but for now --

tomorrow is my last day in chicago.

i think i'm going to spend it like my favourite days in chicago are spent -- shopping, walking up and down the MagMile, ducking into starbucks for an iced coffee on a summer day where temperatures inch toward 100F. people-watching, and carrying shopping bags, and talking to strangers and their dogs, and wondering where they come from and where they are going. seeing the chicago skyline against an impossibly blue summer sky. watching the sailboats out on Lake Michigan, their tiny white sails against a lake whose colour is never the same two days in a row. complaining about the heat, and loving every minute of it. it seems a fitting way to say goodbye -or at least, 'til we meet again'- to this wonderful city that has become my second home.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm sounds like how we spent most of my time in Chicago. :)

Except no impossibly blue sky, crazy chicago weather and complaining about the cold. :P

Oh and no starbucks too. Just the fab sandwich place with super chicken noodle and tomato soup! And gumbo!

I want Gumbo!

I guess you know who I am now. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home