Friday, June 03, 2005

done.

i'm all done.

took my last final -the words running through my head over and over, in counterpoint to frantic attempts by scurrying braincells to retrieve information about Rawski's book (safely ensconced in my bag!) and the Taiping Rebellion, 'last final last final last final'- and turned in my last paper. and so i'm all done.

all that's left is to wrap up my four years here at Convocation in a week. and of course pack up my apartment and send my things home, and prepare to leave -without looking back- no more escape route, no more bolt hole. it will be strange to not be returning in the fall; to not have a set of keys to the apartment on my keychain; to not have another chicago spring where it sprints from sunshine and eighty degrees to rain in the time it takes a final final.

but for now, i'm looking forward to cece getting here tomorrow, and my parents and amos next week. and just spending a week with no demands on my time in the city i've adopted as home.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, June 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan here. :)

Congrats on finishing! Enjoy your last week eh. I'll catch you when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home