Friday, July 01, 2005

applause, please.

-takes a deep breath-

things i have accomplished in the last eight hours:

(1) finally put the rest of the clothes in my suitcase on hangers and stuck them in my closet. (this does not include the ones lying on the floor in my maid's room waiting to be ironed. only the no-ironing-required ones. ie the minority, but still.)

(2) registered myself for the Basic Theory Test next Tuesday in the AM. however, that short sentence does not begin to capture the trials and tribulations the process encompassed. first, i was misled by the website into going to the Traffic Police Headquarters on Ubi Ave 3, which is (a) not the right place at all and (b) abt fifteen fucking miles from where the right place -at the driving centre- was. ok so i'm exaggerating. but i still had to walk a good half hour in the baking afternoon tropical sunshine and stickiness to find the driving centre. and had to ask the nice policeman at the Traffic Police HQ and then some random stranger who was racing a remote-controlled car in the parking lot of the Audi service centre how to get there. then i had a nice long half hour wait in the airconditioning to register myself for the test.

the lady who registered me was v nice. when she realised an opening had popped up for next week she quickly said 'you want to do it sooner? next week can? very fast. next slot is in august.' needless to say we made conspitorial faces at each other and took the slot. so now i am registered to take the test next week. pray i don't fail. make sure i study this time, yah?

(3) registered myself for my gym package - i have unlimited access for the next three months. whoopee. pilates and lifting, here i come. (and cardio, i imagine, as well.) need to get some of this chicago-induced weight gain off, and improve my cardiovascular fitness, which is currently really crappy.

so now i am poorer and dirtier and tireder, but slowly and surely the adminstrative dominos are beginning to fall...

now to deal with the new mattress - and remodelling my room. -smirk-

3 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Tym said...

Which gym did you join?

 
At 11:56 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger J. said...

Amore -- they have a branch at kovan =)

 
At 4:49 AM, July 03, 2005, Blogger A said...

Crap, didn't realise you are back. Drop me an SMS so that I have your number alright? If you still have my number that is. Otherwise IM me ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home