Monday, September 12, 2005

a fitting end to the day

a fitting end to my first day of work: the mother of all lightning storms, and a traffic jam the size of canada. :p thankfully all seen from the inside of a cab, with entertaining company along the way.

other than that, however, it's been a relatively good day. (i know, i promised whining, but really, i don't have much to whine about!) other than not getting my temporary pass issued, which is a small matter really, i had a relatively smooth introduction to the new workplace; i've gotten a staffer position in a desk i wanted, and i know a bunch of my new colleagues already. not to mention the ones i didn't already know -the ones i met just today- i already like. so as far as i'm concerned, it's all good for now.

plus my branch head is away, which gives me a little time to get stuck into reading up on past issues and so forth before anything major comes flying my way. whew! :)

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Tym said...

Eh, you kenna spam liao.

I was just gonna say: Ah, "branch head". No other phrase so innocuously and succinctly captures the rabbit warren that is the civil service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home